My work in mobile commerce trust and social behaviours has been published in Usability Professionals Association’s UX Magazine. The article reviews an empirical diary study published in September of this year. The magazine is published four times a year and this Volume 11, Issue 4 focused on Trust and the User. The publication is view-able here.
In this issue featured articles included:
- Trusting Inaccurate Systems: Both Technological and Human
By Aisling O’Kane, Christian Detweiler, and Alina Pommeranz
- Trust in Mobile Shopping: An Empirical Study
By Serena Hillman and Carman Neustaedter
- Beyond Global: Exploring the Regional UX Opportunity
By Yu-Hsiu Li
- Gaining User Trust: Research and a Secret
By Chris Nodder
- QR Codes: Don’t Hide the Magic
By Mick Winter
- A Unique Approach to Software Usability: What’s In It for Your Development Team
By Lynne Martin
- “Do you trust me enough to answer this question?” Trust and Data Quality
By Caroline Jarrett
- Should We Condut this Usability Study? Ethics Considerations in Evaluations
By Sarah J. Swierenga, Ph.D. and Graham L. Pierce
About User Experience:
UX – User Experience is a magazine by and about usability professionals, featuring significant and unique articles dealing with the broad field of usability and the user experience.
UX – User Experience offers an editorial balance among strategy, management issues, philosophy, methodology and practice.
Our audience is both usability professionals and others who have interest in the field.
User Experience is published four times a year and mailed to UXPA members as a membership benefit.